Goodison Park is a soccer stadium located in Liverpool, England. The stadium has been hosting Everton's games since it opened on August 24, 1892. It is one of the oldest grounds specifically for soccer.
Throughout its history, Goodison has undergone numerous renovations leading to its current configuration to have a maximum capacity of 40,157, all seated. Everton fans refer to the stadium as “The Grand Old Lady” or simply “Goodison”. It has hosted more English Premier League games than any other stadium in England and as many Premier League games as possible since its inception, with Everton being one of only six clubs to play continuously since its inception in 1892. The stadium has been one of the venues of the English D2 Football Championship during the two periods when Everton were relegated to the second division, the first in the 1930s, the second in 1954.
In addition to Everton’s home games, the stadium has hosted the English Football Cup Final and several international matches, including some of the 1966 World Cup matches. The record for the largest attendance at a women’s soccer match is held by a match played there in the 1920s. One of the specificities of this stadium are the “terrace” car parks present in the two main stands inherited from the restructuring of Archibald Leitch, they are today among the only persistent stands with this configuration in England as well preserved, most of them having disappeared in the late 90s and early 2000s.
Latest Update - 01.03.2023