Estadio de la Cerámica, known until January 2017 as El Madrigal, is a soccer stadium located in Vila-real, Spain. It hosts the home matches of Villarreal CF.
The stadium was inaugurated on June 17, 1923 with a match between CD Castellón and Cervantes. The stadium was then called Campo del Villarreal. In 1925 the stadium was renamed El Madrigal. It was nicknamed the Feudo Amarillo (which can be translated as “yellow fortress”).
In the summer of 1952, work was ordered to expand the field from 95 x 65 meters to 105 x 65 meters. In the 1960s, the club built a small covered stand and in the 1971-1972 season the construction of the south corner was completed.
In the 2005-2006 season, Villarreal CF, now the city’s main club, participated in the Champions League. In order for El Madrigal to comply with UEFA standards, improvements and expansions were undertaken. Its capacity was increased to 25,000 seats.
In January 2017, the club president Fernando Roig decided to change the name of the stadium to Estadio de la Cerámica.
Latest Update - 17.04.2022