Built in 1924 by an industrialist called Marcel Vitoux on a site called “Le Labourat”, it was renovated for the first time in 1956, then the city acquired it in 1961. A 400-meter athletics track was then added. In 1967, the grandstand was built with ad hoc arrangements: changing rooms, infirmary, offices and reception rooms.
Major works were undertaken in 1998 and 1999: construction of the South stand (2,854 seats), demolition of the marathons and construction of the East stand (6,630 seats) and finally construction of the North stand (3,860 seats) bringing the total capacity of the stadium to 18,000 seats. The last works were carried out between 2002 and 2004 with the demolition of the old grandstand and roses and the construction of a new grandstand (7070 seats) and two bends which link the new grandstand to the Seine grandstands and Champagne. The inauguration took place on October 8, 2004 with a match between the France Espoirs team and Ireland. The stadium can then accommodate 20,400 spectators. It belonged to Grand Troyes from 2003 and then to Troyes Champagne Métropole since 2017, when the latter replaced the existing intercommunality.
Its record attendance was achieved on May 18, 2012 where 20,347 spectators attended the Ligue 2 match, opposing ESTAC to Amiens (2-0), on the occasion of the club’s rise to Ligue 1.
In June 2013, the Stade de l’Aube was the first stadium to adopt the AirFibr hybrid lawn technology developed by the French company Natural Grass
Latest Update - 27.08.2020