The National Cricket Stadium, previously known as Queen’s Park, is the name of a cricket stadium complex on River Road, Grenada in the Caribbean. A Grenada cricket team first appeared in West Indian cricket in 1887 against a touring Gentlemen of America team at the old Queen’s Park. Ten years later the team was recorded playing against Lord Hawke’s touring team, though unlike several matches during the tour, this match did not have first-class status. In 1899, G. A. de Freitas and William Mignon became the first Grenada cricketers to play first-class cricket. The Newly rebuilt Queen’s Park Stadium was a location for the 2007 Cricket World Cup. It became the 84th Test venue in 2002 when it hosted its first match between West Indies and New Zealand. As of 18 August 2014, two test matches have taken place at the Ground.
After being rebuilt in 2000, the new complex was damaged in September 2004 as a direct result from Hurricane Ivan.
The pitch is noted for being elongated towards the Pavilion end, giving a more baseball type look to the ground. The stadium was funded by the People’s Republic of China.
Latest Update - 04.12.2020