Mohammed V Stadium is situated in the heart of the city of Casablanca, in the western part of the Maârif neighborhood. He's known as the home of Wydad AC and Raja CA
On March 6, 1955, the stadium was inaugurated under the name Stade Marcel Cerdan in reference to the French boxer, with a capacity of 30,000. The following year, after the independence of Morocco, it took the name of Stade D’honneur.
At the end of the 1970s, in preparation for the 1983 Mediterranean Games which were held in Casablanca, the stadium was closed for a major renovation; with an increase of the seating capacity, installation of the electronic panel, and construction of the gymnasium and covered swimming pool around the stadium, it reopened in 1981 under its current name, Stade Mohammed V.
Stade Mohammed V is located right in the centre of the city of Casablanca, the international airport of Casablanca is 25 kilometres from the stadium, and the Casa-Voyageurs rail station is 5 kilometres from the stadium. The stadium has a parking lot with a capacity of 1,000 cars.
At the time of the 2006-2007 season, the stadium was closed and reopened in April 2007
Latest Update - 05.09.2021